Enter our Summer 2012 Photo Contest and WIN a Sealife DC1400 Camera!
Dust off your cameras, and prepare to submerge into California Diver’s Summer 2012 Photo Contest! Prime time diving is here, and we’re looking to see what you can do with your camera and show the world what diving California is really like.
Our July/August photo contest category is “Compact Cameras”, and all photos submitted must be taken with a compact (non-SLR) camera, such as a Sealife camera, Canon G12, Powershot, GoPro, or similar camera. You’re welcome to use strobes and accessories, as long as you’re using a compact camera, and the photo was taken in California between June 1 and August 15, 2012. The winner of this contest will be announced here on our website on September 1st, and will receive a free SeaLife DC1400 Camera as a prize. This new 14-megapixel camera also shoots beautiful HD video – the perfect companion for your upcoming dives!
It’s easy to enter. Just upload your photo using the form below and our panel of professional underwater photographers will carefully judge it with all the other entries.
Click here to upload your photo
Fields with an asterisk * are required.
You may upload multiple photos at once by compressing them into a single file to upload, or upload images
individually. You may also upload a few images now and more at a later time, as long as we receive your photos
by midnight, August 15, 2012.
Once your entry is officially accepted, we’ll send you a confirmation by email, usually within 24 hours. If you have any questions or problems with the image upload, please contact us here.
1. This issue’s contest is for amateur photographers only – if you are teaching classes, running trips, or consider yourself a professional, you’ll need to wait for our next contest in September.
2. All images submitted must be taken by yourself (the submitting photographer). Model releases must be available for photos containing recognizable people. Photos with recognizable people in them without model releases available are not eligible for winning.
3. All photos must be taken within the state of California. Photos may be taken on the surface or underwater, in fresh or salt water. Subject matter is open – macro, wide angle, sea life, night diving, wreck diving, are some examples – just send us the best photo you’ve taken with your compact camera. No aquarium or pole camera shots. Divers should observe proper safety rules as appropriate for the environment in which they are diving, and unsafe practices should not be depicted in your photos.
4. Images submitted must be taken between June 1 and August 15, 2012. Closing date for Images to be submitted is midnight Sunday, August 19, 2012. No entries will be accepted after this date and time.
5. This is not a Photshop contest – no composite images are permitted. Minimal cropping, brightness/contrast and minor color corrections only. Cloning, compositing, generating additional elements, and similar image manipulation is not acceptable. Photos will be carefully analyzed for manipulation and will be excluded from this contest if any such manipulation is detected.
6. You may upload as many photos as you like.
7. Images may be uploaded on our website at http://californiadiver.com/contest. All files must have the name of entrant in the filename. EXIF data should be kept intact on all images.
8. Files submitted to be high quality JPEG, suitable for print and online display. We reserve the right to edit raw or original files
9. Photographer will retain ownership and be credited whenever we use the image. Entrants agree to permit entries to be published in California Diver Magazine, on our website, Facebook page, and in future contest promotional materials.
10. Winners will be chosen by our panel of underwater photographers, and all decisions are final.
11. The winner of this contest will be announced on September 1 on our website at California Diver.com, and will receive one SeaLife DC1400 underwater camera as a prize. Approximate retail value $529.95. Prize will be awarded and delivered to the winner within 45 days of winning the contest.
12. Contest void where prohibited.